19/06/2009

Daisy Dares You


I always walk towards new pop acts with trepidation and fear....you see, I secretly am a (huge) closet pop consumer. From Girls Aloud to McFly to Pink to The Saturdays - I love it all.

This obviously causes me some problems with my 'cool muso mates' when they ask what i'm listening too at the moment. My latest 'COOL' CD to drop into conversations to keep my street cred is 'Regina Spektor's new release despite the fact i've never heard it. It always gets nods of appreciation from my peers and means that we can be friends that little bit longer...

Well, it looks like finally my pop vs street cred fears have collided in the shape of Daisy Dares You. She makes the kind of credible pop that 'The Ting Tings' would kill for plus she looks like she could eat you alive in one foul swoop.

So the music - cute, fun, soulful and epic. A contradiction? Possibly, but have a listen for yourself below.

Daisy Dares You Myspace


Dasiy Dares You Free Track

No comments: