23/11/2008

Little Boots


I went to Annie Mac Presents at Digital in Brighton on Thursday (amazing) and Little Boots was one of the warm up acts. An interesting choice considering she was the only live act of the night, sandwiched between DJ's.

Now this isn't a review of said performance, as to be fair, I paid little attention to her overall show and was instead waving like a twat at Annie Mac who was filming outside the venue. However, during Little Boots' time on the stage there was one thing and one thing only that caught my attention and that my friends is the wonderous device in the picture to the left...

It's called a Tenori On and is made my Yamaha. I've been aware of it's exsistence for about a year and indeed of it's potential but have never seen it used in a band situation to full effect in the way that it was used by Little Boots.

The Tenori On is basically difficult to explain, and I certainly can't be arsed so watch this video instead. This is Little Boots using the instrument to re-create Hot Chips 'Ready For The Floor'.

Anyone got a spare £600 please?

No comments: